March 2017 Wrap-Up & Favorites

Hello fellow readers! As usual, it’s the start of a new month which means it’s time for a monthly wrap-up. I’m getting back on track! I read a total of five books in March. Five! Two of which leave deep impression on me. Without further ado, here are the books I read in March.


Books read in March


some_text Selection Day – Aravind Adiga (★★★★)
It took me three weeks to finish this book. It’s longer than what I expected, considering how easy it actually is to read it once I actually get into it. It’s a coming of age story about two Indian boys who aspire to be cricketers and their father. It’s not a fast paced book, but it’s not a slow paced book that would bore you. I already posted a full review of this book so if you’re interested to read more what I thought about this book, you can check it out there.

some_text Holy Mother – Akiyoshi Rikako (★★★★★)
Akiyoshi Rikako is one of my favorite writers. I was so excited to start this book and boy what an experience reading this book was! Holy Mother is mind blowing. It is so good. Holy Mother is a murder mystery novel. I won’t tell much about it here because I’ve already posted a full non spoiler review of this book. It’s in Bahasa Indonesia though, because I read it in Bahasa Indonesia. I’m not sure if this book has already been translated into English. If it has, you should try picking this one out.

some_text Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI #6) – Carolyn Arnold (★★★)
Remnants is a new release for April. I received an ARC of this book from the publisher. Remnants is a part of Brandon Fisher FBI series. It’s a mystery/thriller series about the BAU team of FBI and them catching serial killers. This book centers around a serial killer case in Savannah, George where several limbs found floating on the Little Ogeechee River. I won’t talk much more about this book because I’ve written a full review which will be posted near the released date.

some_text The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol. 3 (★★★★)
This book is the last volume in Tiny Book of Tiny Stories series. Like its preceding volume, I enjoyed reading this tiny book too. Again, I will leave some stories that I love below.
some_text Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock – Matthew Quick (★★★★)
I’ve wanted to read this book for such a long time. Somehow, I was in the mood for some depressing books or books about depression. Matthew Quick is known for his book The Silver Lining of Playbook, which is a book about mental health (though I’m not sure if it’s depression or not) but I’m only able to get a hold of Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock at the moment. Either way, I’m glad that I read it. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock is such a powerful read. I feel this book speaks to me on some level. I’ve written a full review of this book which will be posted sometime in April. If you want to know more about what I thought of it, feel free to check it out.


March Favorites


Books

Holy Mother by Akiyoshi Rikako

Music


My monthly playlist is back! I’ve been listening to certain songs repeatedly while coding at work. So I made another monthly playlist. It seems like March playlist is dominated by female singers and one The Chainsmokers song.

Miscellaneous

My favorite tiny stories from The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol.3:

This overwhelming desire
to be close to you
directly conflicts with my
intense fear of people.

Stranger than strangers
are lovers estranged.

They feel like precious gifts—
the secrets you share with me.
Even the disturbing ones.

Stars don’t change,
but constellations
go through constant
transformation.

Let’s call our confusion and
panic “self-preservation.”
It has a better mouth feel.

Monuments make momentous
men immortal, but more
memorable are mortal men making
mere moments monumental.

So there you have it. There’s nothing I can show on the TV show and movie front. I’m still watching Suburgatory on my now limited spare time and currently on season 3 (almost finish it!). I have many movies I want to watch, such as La-La Land, Logan, and Beauty and the Beast. Yes, I haven’t watched those movies. I will, eventually. But I have the feeling that I have to sacrifice my reading time in order to watch those movies. We’ll see, we’ll see. What about you? Do you have any favorites on March? Anyway, I hope y’all have a great month ahead.

No comments :

Post a Comment