Top 10 Series I've Been Meaning To Start But Haven't


It's been a while since I last post a bookish list. The last bookish list I post was Top 5 Authors I Want to Read More From in April. I miss posting these lists. It's fun, which is why I'm doing it again. Today's post is a part of Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is series I've been meaning to start but haven't. If you've been following this blog for a while, you'll realize some titles I'll mention have popped up quite frequently before.

1. The Inheritance Cycle series by Christopher Paolini
This one has been mentioned several times on this blog. I do want to read this book. I do. The thing is, I like to marathon a series and I only have the first book. So I've been putting off starting the series simply because I don't have access to the rest of the series.

2. Inkheart (Inkworld) series by Cornelia Funke
Inkheart is the same case with the inheritance series. I only have the first book and I don't have access to the rest of the series. As soon as I do, I will read it (hopefully).

3. Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
This one, I have no excuse. I don't know why I haven't started this one yet. I mean, it's Rick Riordan. I've read his Percy Jackson series and love it. I guess I just have to pick the book and read it.

4. Across the Universe series by Beth Reevis
This one I'll probably start soon. The final book came in the mail a few weeks ago which mean I can marathon the series. Maybe after I finish reading my current read. I'm excited to start this one since I haven't read that many sci-fi books.

I've heard good things about this series. I haven't started it yet because I only have the third book in the series. Sounds weird? Well I happen to find the third book on sale at a book fair. Knowing I could potentially love this series, I bought it. I still need to pick the first and second books before I'd be able to read it.

6. Heist Society series by Ally Carter
Heist Society is a series which I'm not sure if it's finished yet. So far, three books are out and I believe the third book is not the final one. I think I'm going to wait until this series is finished before starting it. Because I know once I start reading it, I'll want more. At least that's what happen with the Gallagher Academy series, a series also written by Ally Carter.

7. Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
This series is intimidating. But man, am I not intrigued with the series. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'm hoping to read it this year though.

8. The Chemical Garden by Lauren DeStefano
The Chemical Garden is a series that's been on my TBR for years now. I don't even remember what other bloggers/ book tubers said about this series. I've owned the first and the final book in this trilogy. I only need the second book and I'm good to go.

9. Tunnels series by Roderick Gordon
Tunnels is one of the series which have many books in it. I believe it consists of six books and each one of them is quite lengthy. I have several books from this series and again, I want to make sure that I have access to the full series first before start reading it.

10. Bill Hodges trilogy by Stephen King
A bit different from the previous series mentioned, Bill Hodges trilogy is in the mystery genre. I love mystery. Besides, it's written by Stephen King. I may not have read his books (I've only read his novellas), but I like his writing so far. Moreover, one of my friends highly recommend this series. So yes, I'm excited to start this series.

Now that I look at the list again, I just realized that most of the series are fantasy series. I guess I'm intimidated by the length of the books in the series or the series in general. Or maybe I just miss reading fantasy. I love fantasy, but haven't read one for a while. I need time and focus to be fully immersed in the fantasy world and I haven't got those lately. I'm hoping I'll be able to start one in the near future *crossing fingers*. So there you have it. What about you? What series you've been meaning to start but haven't yet?

No comments :

Post a Comment