Top 5 Authors I Want to Read More From

Source

Hi fellow readers! It's been so long since I last post a non-review post. I think the last one is in February, which is unfortunate because I love making list. This post is a part of Top Five Wednesday, which is a weekly feature created by Lainey from Gingerreadslainey but now is hosted by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes. More information about T5W is provided at its Goodreads group page. This week's topic is authors you want to read more from. 


some_text Rick Riordan
I've read Percy Jackson series and love it. I already have The Kane Chronicles on my TBR. I've also heard some great things on his other series such as The Heroes of Olympus and Magnus Chase. I mean, he's written a lot of books and they sound amazing.
some_text Stephen King
It's Stephen King. Do I need to explain more? I've only read his novellas and short stories. I'm excited to read his books such as The Shining, It, and The Green Mile but some of those are pretty intimidating, in term of size or pages. I'm working on it.
some_text David Levithan
I've read four of his books and one of them is co-written with other author. I love three of those books, especially The Realm of Possibility and Every Day. Those are beautiful books. I already have my eye on The Lover's Dictionary. I think it will be the one by him that I'll read next.
some_text Haruki Murakami
I've only read Norwegian Wood and his short stories that are available on New Yorker site for free. I like his writing but I believe Norwegian Wood is his most 'normal' book. Even he said so. His other books fall into surrealism or magical realism category which intimidates me a bit. I suspect it will take me longer to read. That's why I've been putting them off. But I am interested in reading them.
some_text Kazuo Ishiguro
I used to have a love-hate relationship with Kazuo Ishiguro's books. I like Never Let Me Go, I don't love it but I like it. I don't like An Artist of the Floating World. Then, I read Nocturnes and that's when I realized you need a certain mood to read his books. I feel his books are nostalgic but atmospheric at the same time which is why some of them (at least those I've read) are slow-paced. Knowing that now, I'm interested to read his other books, such as The Remains of the Day and When We Were Orphans. In fact, I think I might give another chance for An Artist of the Floating World and re-read it.

So there you have it. Do you have specific authors you want to read more from?

No comments :

Post a Comment