Top 5 Banned Books I've Read


Top Five Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey. This week's topic is top five banned books that you've read. 


5. Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
Honestly I don't understand why this series is frequently challenged or even banned. One of my favorite series and I don't think I need to explain why.

4. The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
I just finished reading this book weeks ago. I can see why this book is banned. There's a lot of cursing going on in this book to the point that I feel it's overused. I even planned to count how many times Holden swears. But he is one interesting character. So many angst there.

3. 1984 - George Orwell
This book creeps me out, in a good way. Though some part of this book bored me *cough*rebellion book*cough*, I still like this book. The Ingsoc and big brother fascinated me. Their principles and methods to control the society are so ... gripping.

2. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
I love jazz era because of this book. The glamorous vibe of the 20s is captured perfectly in this novel. Well done, Mr. Fitzgerald. 

1. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
I cried a river because of this book. Why? Why? Why did you do this to Hasan, Mr. Hosseini?? Nevertheless The Kite Runner is my all time favorite book. Highly recommend it.









There's that. I just realized while making this list that I haven't read that many banned books. But then again, I wasn't really aware of which books are banned and which are not. If you know any good banned books that you think I should read, feel free to leave it in the comment. Have a nice day!

No comments :

Post a Comment