[Review] Honey, Baby, Sweetheart - Deb Caletti

Title of Book : Honey, Baby, Sweetheart
Author : Deb Caletti
Publisher : Simon Pulse

"Right away I got that Something About To Happen feeling. Right away I knew he was bad, and that it didn't matter."
It is summer in the Northwest town of Nine Mile Falls, and sixteen-year-old Ruby McQueen, ordinarily dubbed The Quiet Girl, finds herself hanging out with gorgeous, rich, thrill-seeking Travis Becker. But Ruby is in over her head, and finds she is risking more and more when she's with him.
In an effort to keep Ruby occupied, Ruby's mother Ann drags Ruby to the weekly book club she runs. When it is discovered that one of the group's own members is the subject of the tragic love story they are reading, Ann and Ruby spearhead a reunion between the long-ago lovers. But for Ruby, this mission turns out to be much more than just a road trip....



I read Honey, Baby, Sweetheart for free at Pulseit.com.
Honey, Baby, Sweetheart is about Ruby McQueen, a quiet girl who lives in a small town. It’s summer and she meets this gorgeous boy named Travis who just moved into town.
I must say, I don’t know what else to talk about this book. Honey, Baby, Sweetheart doesn’t leave deep impression on me. It’s an okay book, I guess. Ruby is a mediocre girl so nothing really interesting happens to her. She thought that her life becomes more daring after she meets Travis. She’s not my favorite character in the book. She makes her life revolves around a boy and I don’t think the feelings she has for Travis could be called love. Even though she tries to make it seems like love.
Because of the trouble she gets while she’s with Travis, her mother decides to take her to a book club her mother’s in. Apparently, this book club has quite unique members. The story in this book gets more interesting after Ruby joins the book club. Besides the mission that the book club has, other thing that interests me is the example of bad love which Ruby and her mom have. They both finally learn that they aren’t actually in love. The author uses metaphors to describe this which I think is sad but true.
So, that’s it for Honey, Baby, Sweetheart. I’m not sure if I would recommend this book, but this book has some nice points in it. If you like contemporary young adult, maybe you want to try reading this one.




No comments :

Post a Comment