Summer Reading, Booking Through Thursday


It’s time for summer reading, so … today’s question? What’s the worst thing you ever did to your reading material? Sand in the bindings from the beach? Dropped into the pool? Covers smeared with sunscreen?
And, if you’ve never done actual summer-time damage … have you EVER damaged your book/magazine/paper? Dropped it in the bathtub? Used it to kill a bug? Spilled with coffee?

Hmm, nice question. Thank God I've never damaged my books. But I've damaged someone else's books (oops!). I was in my freshman year and I borrowed my senior's college books. The books were Discrete Mathematics text books. I used to wrap my books with plastic cover and handle my books with care. But these books, ladies & gentlemen, wasn't wrapped in any cover. So, one day, I went home from campus and since the books are thick, I couldn't put them in my backpack. I carried them around with another handbag. I was riding my motorcycle when the rain started pouring down and I was trapped in traffic jam. Great. Just great. Well, you could guess what happened with those books. My senior's so kind he doesn't get mad knowing the condition of his books. I wrapped those books with plastic cover then. I feel soooo guilty :(

What about you? Have you done a damage to your book ?



1 comment :

  1. Only with neglect. Here's my post http://backchattingbooks.wordpress.com/2013/06/27/booking-through-thursday-summer-reading

    ReplyDelete